Thursday, November 21, 2013

Setting the table...






This year, I am hosting 17 people in my home for Thanksgiving. Family and friends I consider family, all the people I cherish in my life and want to share this day of gratitude with. Which got me to thinking...how can I make this day about more then just the food (many of those attending are part of my Dining Divas cooking club crew, so you KNOW the food will be front and center and darn near perfect). Then I saw something a fellow designer mentioned on line about the "Thanksgiving Tree" and knew I had stumbled upon something special. So this weekend, my son and I will work to prepare the tree, the blank cards for jotting down our words of gratitude, and getting it set on our Thanksgiving table. I have so many ideas swirling around in my head! Yes, that was in reference to leaves and trees. This is my favorite holiday: the food, the planning, the decor, and most importantly, the love, friendship and GRATITUDE!
What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year? I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment