Tuesday, November 19, 2013

AVOCADO WOOD

Welcome to my new obsession: Avocado Wood...



I have long been using wooden bowls, serving trays,  and platters but only recently have I discovered them in Avocado wood. It has a special sheen to it that I really find stunning.  The rustic, earthy look and feel of wood seems to fit into any design style; modern, bohemian, traditional, ethnic.....I have often used wooden bowls and trays for dressed up affairs like wine tasting parties, mixing it in with my white square serving dishes for a contrast that reads both modern and rustic at the same time. Or, when having simple outdoor BBQs they can be used as not only unbreakable servers but  to "bump up" the sophistication of an event that seems to be on too good of terms with plastic! With the holidays just around the corner, I have been thinking about who is going to be lucky enough to receive a beautiful Avocado Wood bowl or serving tray.....

No comments:

Post a Comment