Friday, September 13, 2013

A simple lunch...



I really love the late summer season. My garden is so full of vegetables right now, so making lunch while working at home is a snap. Today I whipped up a little garbanzo bean salad with veggies from the garden. It was satisfying and tasty! I created the recipe below, but it really is just about what you have on hand that is either fresh or needs to be used up.

Garbanzo Bean Salad:
I can rinsed garbanzo beans
1/2 cup pitted olives, any kind you like
3 chopped green onions
2 stalks celery chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
fresh herbs of your choice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
salt and fresh pepper to taste
toss all ingredients in a bowl and seve room temperature.

Enjoy your weekend!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment