Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Saying no...

This week I had to say no. For those of you who own your own business and barely made it through the recession, I am sure you can see what a huge thing that was. I struggled with the decision for some time; just two years ago I was ready to close the doors of my business and walk away from almost 10 years of interior design because things were so slow. Today, business is thriving in a way I could never have dreamed but I still have the emotions and mental state that each new job may be my last. And so...I always say yes. Yes, when it means working weekends and not having time for my family. Yes, when it means not having time to train my new design assistant because I have too much on my plate. Yes, when it means I end each day in total exhaustion, unable to give my son the attention he needs, the attention I WANT to give him, the attention I need! So, this week I said no. The red flags were all over the place, including the designer before me quitting. So I slept on it, and in the morning, I am proud to say-I took the next step in my business and learned to say no to a job that wasn't right for me and my firm. It feels good to have that kind of faith in my future!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment