Friday, June 14, 2013

What I'm pinning these days....color!

Anyone who comes to my home, would say that grey rules supreme. I have a grey pinstriped sofa, grey and white houndstooth checked club chair, grey and white herringbone slipper chairs, a grey wool Jacobsen Egg chair, and the area rug is a Madeline Weinrub grey and white geometric patterned one. The only hope for this room is the red lacquered cocktail table and a red leather pouf that sits underneath the table. Despite that, I DO love color. In fact, I am OBSESSED with color. I just can't decide what color so I tend to avoid committing to it in my home. One day I am obsessed with orange, then next bright yellow, and I ALWAYS love red. I satisfy my craving for color by pinning, lots of pinning. Maybe one day I will take the plunge. in the mean time, check out the color in these shots. Notice that some take it ALL THE WAY! While others just dabble. Whatever your level of daring is-color makes a statement.

You can go all out like these daring home owners did.....
 Or keep it subtle....


Do an entire room in one bold color.....



or play peek a boo...




Or like me, keep it it safe but interesting....



Any way you choose, a little or a lot, color is sure to brighten any space and make a statement about who you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment