Thursday, May 9, 2013

What I am pinning these days......art

Art is relative, it is all in the eye of the beholder, so the saying goes. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't totally agree with that, there are some things I have seen that did not really constitute art to me, but, perhaps I am wrong. This does not mean, however, that I do not appreciate a wide range of art mediums. Growing up in a household with both parents being artists, I can say that I have developed a deep love of and desire to be around art, LOTS of it! The walls of my own home are filled with pieces ranging from my own mother's work, my own, and treasures picked up locally and abroad. I have pieces that were my grandmother's, my child's and even ones I spent years saving up for. So it comes as no surprise then, that I have a board on Pinterest entitled; ART. I thought I would share a few of the images I have curated to illustrate a truth about art that I share with clients quite often: There is no formula for how to hang or display art, that, actually, really IS relative: relative to your taste.

Here are a few of those tips I share with clients:

Having one large statement piece can create instant drama in a room:





Or hang a grouping of similar images together for an entirely unique look:



Even more unique, and often quite personal, is a grouping of a collection of widely different pieces of art, either framed uniformly or totally randomly:



It does not have to be two dimensional, or framed to constitute art. Take a look at these unique and adventurous pieces!



Finally, think outside the box a little. Do you love to collect a certain thing? Can it be displayed as an art collection as well as a hobby? Or take it outside. Street art is one of my favorite forms of art. Nothing makes me feel the pulse of a community more then seeing it's art on the side of a building, across an overpass, on a garbage can.....you get the idea. 




Check out my Pinterest boards to see more of what I'm pinning www.pinterest.com/hlcleveland







No comments:

Post a Comment