Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Imitation is the best form of flattery.....

I recently finished a bathroom remodel in Piedmont that came out looking great, if I do say so myself. The budget was a decent one, but we still had to watch what we spent. I found several ways to keep the high end look while still saving a few pennies. When we were in the design phase, I sent my clients to my favorite bath showroom and they went wild. The original list of items I had selected came in at about $38K. After they went in and selected everything they liked, it came to over $50K! Oops....they were supposed to tell me what they were willing to CUT, not ADD. Well, then it became my challenge to figure out how to give them the $50K look for around $35K because they were so in love with everything they had seen and could not let go of any of it. So, one way that I was able to lower that price tag was to copy. The vanity that they loved at the showroom was over $5K, I was able to create a VERY similar version of it for $1,500. Granted, they gave up the fancy drawer dividers etc. but take a look at the result and tell me if you think it was a good call. I would love to hear your thoughts:

This first one is the high end vanity:

This second one is the "imitation" version:


No comments:

Post a Comment